Thursday, January 22, 2015

Quick Chocolate Mousse

UntitledQuick Chocolate Mousse

1 - 6 oz. pkg. choc. chips
2 eggs
3 tbsp. strong hot coffee
1 or 2 tbsp. rum or orange liqueur
3/4 c scalded milk

put all ingredients in a blender + blend at high speed 2 mins. pour into 4 dessert cups

Quick Chocolate Mousse
My notes: For reference, scalded milk is milk that has been heated to 180F (I had to google that before starting). I used 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract in place of the rum/liqueur since I make my own vanilla, so I know it's high quality and has good flavor. Plus I rarely have rum or liqueur on hand.

This recipe fits very well into 4 1/2 pint mason jars.


I chilled my mousse overnight before eating, it has a good strong chocolate flavor, but the texture wasn't as mousse-like as I was hoping for, it more closely resembled pudding instead of a fluffy mousse. For something so quick and easy though, it's hard to complain much.

I topped mine with cool whip and shaved chocolate for serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment